Founded in 1896, Deaconess Hospital was one of the first hospitals in Spokane. Established by a compassionate and generous Spokane couple, the hospital originally had 29 rooms and was staffed by a small number of Deaconesses and nurses.
As Spokane and the surrounding areas grew, so did the hospital. Even in its earliest inception, Deaconess was known for its patient care and advanced treatment procedures including infectious disease control, surgery and orthopedics.
The progress and medical advancements made during those early years set a high standard that has guided Deaconess and will continue to do so well into the future—continuous, compassionate improvements in its services and quality of patient care.
Today Deaconess provides 388-beds, specializing in cardiology, orthopedics, neonatology, neurology, oncology and much more. Designated a Top 100 Hospital in the nation for Heart Care, five times out of the past eight years, Deaconess Hospital continues to lead the industry in advanced medical care and increased patient safety.