Why Choose Us?
Did you know?
Coronary heart disease is the #1 killer in the U.S.
Although the most common symptom is chest pain, women are more likely to experience some of the other symptoms of a heart attack, such as shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting or back or jaw pain. (American Heart Association)
70-90% of heart disease can be prevented through lifestyle changes.
Deaconess is extremely proud to offer award-winning healthcare for cardiac patients. We offer a patient-focused approach to healthcare, combining the latest medical technology with quality care. Our staff, physicians and administration are committed to offer the best care possible including education, prevention, testing, and treatment. Below are listed some of the most common diagnoses we treat. We are also committed to education.
Worried you're at risk of heart disease?
Make sure to view our Preventive Cardiology information.
Due to the rising number of people who develop heart disease and the fact this disease is largely prevented or reduced by early diagnosis, your physician may perform tests even if you have no symptoms. These tests can range from a simple EKG in your doctor's office to examine your heart's rhythm, to a heart catheterization to detect heart artery blockage. Deaconess offers our patients extensive testing options to help your doctor determine your cardiac health. After testing, you and your physician can decide upon the appropriate treatment course, such as preventive activity, prescriptions, treatment with lasers or open heart surgery.
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Imaging Tests
- Chest X ray
- Computer Imaging (CT Scans)
- Ultrafast Computed Tomography
(Ultrafast CT Scan)
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
- Echocardiography (with and without exercise)
- Electrocardiography (EKG) with and without exercise
- Electrophysiological Studies
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan, Stress and resting
- Radionuclide Angiography, resting with or without exercise (nuclear heart scan)
- Tilt Table Test
Treatment for heart disease can range from lifestyle changes preventive cardiology, medicine, placing a stent to hold the artery open, removal of plaque or debris from the artery, to major surgery. Based on the test results, you and your physician can make the decision that best suits you.
- Angioplasty, Stent, Rotoblater for coronary procedures
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure to repair a hole the heart
- Coronary Alcohol Ablations to treat IHSS
- Thoracic Endovascular graft procedure for treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Atrial fibrillation ablation to repair the area of the heart causing abnormal heart rhythm
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators to correct heart rhythm
- Pacemakers to maintain regular heart rhythm
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery to bypass clogged arteries feeding the heart
- Heart Valve Repair or Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect Repair to correct movement of blood between the chambers of the heart
- Mini-Maze Thoracoscopy procedure for treatment of abnormal rhythm of the heart (fibrillation)
For Risk Reduction and a Heart-Healthy Lifestyle: HealthyU
- Control of risk factors such as smoking and high cholesterol
- Nutrition assessment and education
- Cholesterol measurements, body mass index, waist circumference, blood pressure screening
- Outpatient Cardiac rehabilitation program on site